SMPlayer is a free media player developed by toolkit Qt and designed for Linux and Windows environments. It supports the most common multimedia formats because it has all the codecs that you need built-in to view and listent to any kind of video or audio file. With SMPlayer you don’t need to install extra codecs because what's included is powerful enough to display any file.
SMPlayer has a very nice GUI (Graphic User Interface) designed for the MPlayer engine. With this program, you can display VCD, DVD, media files and videos via streaming. You will be capable of browsing YouTube videos, searching and displaying them directly from SMPlayer. It even offers the option to download files from YouTube with a single click.
SMPlayer is very comprehensive, and it offers support for many audio tracks, the ability to adjust the image or the speed of playback, and allows the adjustment of the sync between audio and subtitles. If you are playing an original version movie and you want to get the subtitles, this download offers the capability to search for the subtitles of the movie you are watching, automatically from the Opensubtitles website .
How to use
Adjust the performance of the software, take a screenshot, visualize in full screen, generate thumbnails, zoom in during the playback or change the aspect ratio of the player. This software enables you to change the size of the screen, to rotate the image or even to apply audio and video filters.
You don’t need to install extra codecs
SMPlayer is so customizable that you can change the skin and the kind of GUI, or even each icon in the interface. In YouTube window, you will be able to watch the Most Popular Videos, Music and Sports. It includes a browser bar. If you want to record a video, place the mouse on the media link, press right button and choose Record Video, it will take seconds.
SMPlayer has memory of where you have stopped the playback, and when you resume, it starts in the place where you left off. SMPlayer is quick in its processes and allows you to modify and adjust some subtitles parameters, such as the size, move up or down in the screen, delays more or less, go to the previous/next line in subtitle and find subtitles on Opensubtitles site.
SMPlayer 126.96.36.19990 Features
The following are the main features of SMPlayer:
- It is a free license or an Open source software, and is ideal for Linux and Windows
- SMPlayer remembers the moment you stop the playback
- It can play nearly all kinds of video and audio formats
- SMPlayer offers video and audio filters
- It is available in more than 30 languages
- Apply an equalizer to control the dynamics parameters of the audio
- It supports karaoke files
- SMPlayer offers many skins to change the aspect of this player
- Search, display and download files on YouTube directly from this program
- It allows modification of some parameters such as audio tracks, volume or subtitles
If you want to know more about SMPlayer, visit the official website .
To install SMPlayer, the minimum system requirements are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Processor: Intel of 66 MHz
- RAM Memory: 16 MB
- HDD Space: 18 MB of free space